fhsst-authors

[Fhsst-authors] Essays

From: Spencer Wheaton
Subject: [Fhsst-authors] Essays
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 18:43:56 +0200 (SAST)

Hi all

We have been approached by a researcher at the CSIR who is interested in
helping with FHSST. Since he is in contact with scientists in a variety of
fields, he is an ideal person to find essay writers for our book.

The idea is that each chapter should include a brief essay describing the
real world application of the principles discussed in that
chapter.

Therefore it would be great if contributors could suggest 2 possible essay
topics for their chapter. These topics should highlight the usefulness of
science in everyday life (e.g. traffic cops use science when trapping
speeders or calculating the speed of a car before breaking from the
length of the skip marks).

We look forward to your help.

Regards
Spencer