fle3-dev

Re: [Fle3-dev] What is the role of nickname?

From: Bo Granlund
Subject: Re: [Fle3-dev] What is the role of nickname?
Date: Mon Aug 12 10:27:03 2002

Hello,

> We're having problems with people changing their personal information.
> >From dtml-source it seems like people are once allowed to create a
> nickname. (but also it seems like they have a nickname already, since
> this uses get_nickname)
>
>  <dtml-if nickname>
>    <dtml-var get_nickname>
>  <dtml-else>
>    <input type="text:string" name="nickname" value="<dtml-var get_nickname>">
>  </dtml-if>
>
> But it seems if you have this text-box available, but you won't change
> your nickname, it gives an error.
>
> Now the question:
>
> 1.  Why can I change my nick only once?

Because of this code snippet:
        if nickname and not hasattr(self,'nickname'):
            self.nickname=nickname

> 2. Where is edit_user_form_handler?

It's in UserInfo.py, around line 850, or so. Oh, I fixed the eval and execs
there, so please don't flame on the quality of the code. :)

> Now I will just comment out that else-branch, but since we have quite
> uninformative user accounts, (two letters and number) it would be nice to
> have nicknames back.

Change the if nickname and not... thing to:
        if nickname:
            self.nickname = nickname
I think that will do...

Goddamned it's hot in here,