Re: [fluid-dev] fink package

From: josh
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] fink package
Date: Sun, 03 May 2009 17:00:42 -0400

Hello Felix,

I think I did change the ordering of the drivers in FluidSynth 1.0.9. The assumption was, that if someone had Jack installed, it was more likely they would want to use it then some other audio driver. It seems this might not be the case though and perhaps it should be changed back to having CoreAudio be higher priority than Jack.

Thanks for reporting your FluidSynth experience :)

Regards,
Josh

Quoting Felix Krause <address@hidden>:

Hi,

I tested the current unstable fink package of fluidsynth 1.0.9 and
found both the command line tool and the library compiling and working
properly on MacOSX 10.5.6 Intel. I'm looking forward to a stable
release.

But I also have to report a minor bug (or is it a feature?): The
default audio driver of fluidsynth is now jack (it used to be coreaudio
back in the 1.0.8-153 fink release), but the coreaudio driver is
available and working. According to the wiki...

http://fluidsynth.resonance.org/trac/wiki/FluidSettings

... the first available driver - which is coreaudio - should be the
default. The developer documentation mentions that the default driver
depends on compilation settings, so this seems to be an issue of the
fink package and not the fluidsynth source.

Oh, and I also suggest that the README-OSX should mention that you
currently need to import the unstable packages tree in fink to install
fluidsynth - the current version of the readme may cause confusion as
there is no stable fluidsynth package available yet.

Cheers,
Felix