Re: [fluid-dev] Some guidelines for FluidSynth development

From: josh
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Some guidelines for FluidSynth development
Date: Sun, 03 May 2009 16:45:51 -0400

Quoting David Henningsson <address@hidden>:

address@hidden skrev:
Please make use of the ChangeLog.  Change details don't have to be
incredibly detailed and in fact more general descriptions are better,
since the details are in the code itself.

When I read this the first time, I thought you meant the svn commit
notes, but now I see there is a file named ChangeLog as well. How about
auto-generating the ChangeLog from the svn commit notes, or is that a
bad idea? For summarizing changes between versions, the svn commit notes
should do just as well as the ChangeLog file.

// David

Its definitely a duplication of information. I wonder how this is typically handled these days, where most projects use some form of version control. It seems like the whole ChangeLog paradigm is a bit outdated. We could just scrap the ChangeLog altogether and just use svn. I get confused by the svn log command though, since it sometimes doesn't show the most recent log entries and has other strange behavior which I have never understood.

I'm definitely not attached to the ChangeLog file though.  Any other opinions?

Josh