Re: [fluid-dev] rendering to file cuts off last note

From: David Henningsson
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] rendering to file cuts off last note
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 05:44:10 +0200

Fluid Synth skrev:
> Hello all,
>

> I recently started to use fluidsynth. It seems to be a darn fine piece of
> work and working well, except that when I render my midi file to a file (in
> order to convert it to a mp3 that I can play on my cell phone) the last note
> is cut off. A problem that is somewhat maddening since it doesn't seem to be
> necessary: why would it make a difference whether the data produced is sent
> to an audio device or to a flat file, I wonder.
>
> This happens with both FluidSynth 1.0.8 and the svn trunk version (checked
> out yesterday).
>
> The command I use is:
>
> fluidsynth -i -a file /usr/share/soundfonts/PCLite.sf2 tune.mid

For the trunk version there is a new option for fast midi-file
rendering. Can you try to see if that makes any difference?

fluidsynth -F fluidsynth.raw /usr/share/soundfonts/PCLite.sf2 tune.mid

There is a related ticket (#24) but your issue is not exactly the same
if it only happens when you're rendering to file.

If the fast midi-file rendering does not help, perhaps we could have a
look at the midi file examine the problem a bit deeper.

// David