Re: [fluid-dev] Multiple Synthesizers

From: R. Mattes
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Multiple Synthesizers
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 16:21:15 +0200

On Tue, 30 Sep 2014 08:46:32 -0500, Garth Hjelte wrote
> At 05:10 AM 9/30/2014, you wrote:
>
> >> So, blah blah blah - does FluidSynth support Bank numbers greater than
> >> 127, via the sfload() command, set_bank_offset(), and bank_select()
> >> (and the other select commands)? I hope so, making multiple synths
> >> doesn't seem very fun =)
>
> >Yes, sfload will return a sound font id which you can then use to shift the
bank number of that soundfont with set_bank_offset.

> I know I can do that, but that wasn't my question. The question is:
> if I do the above (sfload() and set_bank_offset() with numbers above
> 127), will the "select" commands work? That is, does FS support Bank
> numbers above 127 thoroughly?

Ah, o.k.
fluid_synth_bank_select will accept bank numbers in the range
0-16383 (not documented, just from the source). That _is_ kind of
messy since there seems to be _four_ domains for bank numbers:

 - unsigned int (in set_bank_offset)

 - 0-16383 in fluid_synth_bank_select

 - short in fluid_event_bank_select and
   fluid_event_get_bank