Re: [fluid-dev] Systemd, Raspberry Pi and Fluidsynth

From: Peter Hanlon
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Systemd, Raspberry Pi and Fluidsynth
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2017 13:31:28 +1100

I don’t claim to be an expert, but amended a script to my requirements.

I finished with a script called ‘fluid’ which I installed in /usr/local/bin.

I also established a user called synth in the ‘audio’ group, to help with
latency, and added a couple of lines to the end of /home/pi/.profile,
consisting of first line 'sudo su synth’, and second line ‘fluid start’.

Google Ted Felix MIDI for better info.

In my case, I also needed to hold off on supplying MIDI until fluid synth was
ready for it. You could probably extend the script to start the other
application.

Peter