Re: [fluid-dev] Panning with stereo samples

From: Tom M.
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Panning with stereo samples
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2018 21:22:25 +0100

> Concerning the balance control, I'm wondering whether to implement it as a
> new non-standard generator or rather as a stand-alone control. Any
> preferences?

I think the cleanest and least hacky implementation would be to use the
modulator functionality by introducing some non-standard "GEN_CUSTOM_BALANCE"
generator. Do we need a default CC8 to GEN_CUSTOM_BALANCE modulator with an
optional setting to switch this custom def. mod. off? Or should we solely rely
on fluid_synth_add_default_mod()?

Tom