freepooma-devel

Re: [pooma-dev] Evaluator/ReductionEvaluator.h question

From: Richard Guenther
Subject: Re: [pooma-dev] Evaluator/ReductionEvaluator.h question
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 19:57:34 +0200 (CEST)

Hi!

I just stumbeled over the strange ReductionEvaluator initialization code
again. I'm currently OpenMPizing the POOMA evaluator loops and cant come
up with an idea to parallelize the current reduction loops due to this
initialization. For those not remembering, in the reduction
evaluators we initialize the result with the first array element and in
turn skip the operation on the same element, but continue with the second
one. Of course this wont work for parallel OpenMP reduction where we
rather need a operation neutral element.

Or can anyone think of a valid way to OpenMPize the following loop?

    T answer(localExpr.read(0));
    for (int i0 = 1; i0 < e0; ++i0)
      op(answer, localExpr.read(i0));

Thanks for any hints,