freepooma-devel

Re: [pooma-dev] Is pooma supported on gcc-3.4?

From: Richard Guenther
Subject: Re: [pooma-dev] Is pooma supported on gcc-3.4?
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2004 20:30:06 +0200

Jon Grimm wrote:
I downloaded pooma-2.4.0 (from downloads) and older 2.3.0 (available over on gcc testing). Neither seem to work with gcc-3.4. Minimally, I see a __GLIBCPP__ check in the pooma sources that would cause it not to compile as that macro was renamed in gcc-3.4 timeframe (however, your CVS sources seem to have fixed via some autoconf checks). In general, just curious on whether pooma is normally considered supported for gcc-3.4, or is it limited to particular versions/architectures of GCC only?

For gcc 3.4 you will need the CVS version that fixes several ISO conformance bugs. We were about to releasing an updated Pooma some weeks ago, but there's no progress - Jeffrey, what's the status on the 2.4.1 release?

Richard.