freeride-devel

[FR-devel] RE: IDEs (was RE: Ruby Weekly News)

From: Rich Kilmer
Subject: [FR-devel] RE: IDEs (was RE: Ruby Weekly News)
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 01:16:22 -0500

We beg your indugence for an aditional week (or perhaps two if problems
arise).  We are in the process of a final refactoring, which solidifies
the core plugin architecture.  We will announce a download which will be
linked at http://www.rubyide.org .

FreeRIDE (right now) requires the 1.7 build of Ruby.  On Win32, we are
trying to leverage the distro created by Andy, and add those modules not
included (in binary form).  On linux, we will offer pointers to modules
that need to be built and build instructions.  Everything else in
FreeRIDE is pure ruby, and will be packaged for simple installation and
use.

Again, thanks for the interest, and we look forward to our growing
community ;-)

-Rich