freeride-devel

RE: [FR-devel] Introduction

From: Curt Hibbs
Subject: RE: [FR-devel] Introduction
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 20:42:36 -0800

Ian MacLean wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm new to the list so here is my brief introduction. I'm a developer
> working mainly in C++, C# and python, perl and some ruby when I can. I
> work for activestate writing plugins for visual studio.net.
> I met Curt and Rich at rubyconf and was really impressed by what I saw
> of FreeRide both from the presentation and Rich explaining bits of the
> code one on one. I'd like to say I could help out in a big way but I'm
> pretty busy right now - I'll be moving countries in a month - so I'm
> going to lurk for a while and help out where I can.

That's great Ian, I'm glad you decided to join us! Lurking is ok. Sooner or
later you'll get excited about something and just *have* to do it :-)

Curt

> btw where can I find the ripper code ? - it didn't seem to be on RAA.

Rich has a custom modified version of ripper (modified to actually work).
Rich what *are* we going to do with it -- package it with FreeRIDE?

In the meantime can you send it to Ian.

Curt