freeride-devel

Re: [FR-devel] question for linux types

From: Laurent Julliard
Subject: Re: [FR-devel] question for linux types
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 21:15:39 +0100

Rich Kilmer wrote:
How do you open an HTML file in Linux? (specifically from FreeRIDE).

In win32 I can do this:

`start file.html`

And it opens IE or whatever is registered to view HTML.

-rich

netscape -remote "openurl(file://the/path/to/help/file.html)"
netscape -remote "openurl(file://the/path/to/help/file.html,new-window)" -> this one opens a new window

I put netscape here because I use mozilla myself but we should ideally have a config parameter somewhere pointing to the favorite browser of the user or where the user can type the command to run to browse a file (e.g 'start %s' or 'netscape -remote "openurl(%s)')

Now, for the very first release of FR it's probably safe to hardcode the IE way and the netscape way.

Laurent