freeride-devel

[FR-devel] FR Debugger testing needed on Win32

From: Laurent Julliard
Subject: [FR-devel] FR Debugger testing needed on Win32
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 22:30:45 +0200

Guys,

I have been working for some time on the FR debugger and it works quite well on Linux. I do not have the necessary platform to test it on Windows. This is why I need your help.

How to use the debugger:
- make sure you have the latest version of FR from the CVS repo
- edit the 2 following files and change the autoload parameter to true
plugins/rubyide_tools_debugger/plugin.yaml
plugins/rubyide_tools_fox_debugger/plugin.yaml
- Start FR with run.bat script
- Load a file (this enables the debugger menu item)
- Start the debugger and play with it. I think most of the actions are straightforward. The only thing you have to know is that a breakpoint is postioned by shift clicking on the left hand side column of an edit pane.

Last point: don;t even try it with Ruby 1.6. It simply doesn't work on Windows. I'm eager to hear from you on 1.7.3+ and 1.8.

Thanks for your help

Laurent

PS: for linux users the debugger works on all version 1.6, 1.7 and 1.8