Re: FT2: ftraster questions

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: FT2: ftraster questions
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2000 01:18:12 +0100

Hi Werner, and all of you on the devel list..

As usual, sorry for my latest silence. I have been busy re-vamping the web
site and server. Please consult http://www.freetype.org to see what has
changed
recently.

I'd like to say that the latest version of FreeType 2 is available for
download as
well as through anonymous CVS access. It currently compiles and runs pretty
well on Linux.

I have also compiled it on Win32 with LCC and Visual C++, and OS/2+gcc/emx,
though the demo programs have no graphical output there.

Please consult the pages. I need a small rest and will come back to the
lists soon... !!

See you, and very happy new year !!

- David

>> That's fine ;-) Still, it would be nice to know the status of
>> ftraster.c.  I would like to help fixing this problem, but I'm not
>> quite sure where to start.  What are the current plans for FT2
>> development?  Btw. is there anonymous read-only CVS access to the
>> FT2 dev tree?

FTRaster.c is fixed, and the algorithm has been yet optimised for speed.
FT2 compiles on many platforms. The demo programs run also pretty
well, except that graphical output only works on Linux for now.

>I've asked David this question yesterday :-) Two problems cause the
>large delay currently seen with FT: David has married, and Robert has
>no longer access to the host in his university.  So the whole FreeType
>site is moving to David's host, but this has not yet been set up
>completely (e.g. CVS is still missing).  Then we have Christmas, New
>Year, and, and,...

Werner, CVS has been operational for nearly a week now. Its the
anonymous access that has only been setup very recently.. :-)