cleaning up FT2

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: cleaning up FT2
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2000 16:37:17 GMT

David,

while cleaning up FT2 (well, just starting in the src/base dir :-),
I've found some inconsistencies.

.) Why are header files in `freetype2/src/shared'?  Wouldn't be
   `freetype2/include' a better place?  If not, I suggest to move the
   files to `freetype2/src/shared/include' for orthogonality.

.) Am I correct that `ttnamedid.h' is a) a typo and b) no longer used?

.) I strongly suggest that we avoid duplicated documentation.
   Functions, function types etc. should be documented in the *.c
   files, and only stuff not in the *.c files should be described in
   the *.h files (example: ftbbox.c vs. ftbbox.h).  It's a nightmare
   otherwise IMHO.

   BTW, can you send me your tool for extracting the documentation?

.) The files in the CVS still have incorrect access permissions, i.e.,
   the executable flag is still there.