Re: Are there ever 3 offcurve point

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: Are there ever 3 offcurve point
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2000 18:11:53 +0100

Hi Saptal,

> Hi,
>    Is there ever a situation where you can have
> 3 offcurve points appear one after the other in an outline ???
>
> I know that you can have 1oncurve + 2offcurve + 1oncurve.

That's definitely true for conic curves, as this is defined in
the TrueType spec. This corresponds to a "virtual" on point
located at the exact middle of two successive off points.

Note that some fonts don't even use a single on point to
define certain contours ! Have a look at the function
FT_Decompose_Outline which should be located in
"freetype2/src/base/ftobjs.c" to see how FT_Outlines are
parsed.

TT_Outline are similar, only simpler :-)

Best Regards,

- David