Problems makig the library on Win

From: Ivan Nincic
Subject: Problems makig the library on Win
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 23:01:16 -0700

Hello,

I tried to compile the latest FreeType 2.0 on WinNT4.0 using gnu make
(mak377b) but got some error results:

>make setup visualc
>FreeType build system -- automatic system detection
>The following settings are used:
> platform                     win32
>  compiler                     cl
>  configuration directory      .\config\win32
>  configuration rules          .\config\win32\w32-vcc.mk
>
>If this does not correspond to your system or settings please remove
the file
>'config.mk' from this directory then read the INSTALL file for help.
>
>Otherwise, simply type 'make' again to build the library.
>
>make.exe: Nothing to be done for `visualc'.
>------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>make
>cl  /nologo /c /Ox /G5 /W3 /WX /I./config/win32 /I./config /I./include
/I./src/b
>ase /Foobj/ftsystem.obj src/base/ftsystem.c
>make.exe: *** [obj/ftsystem.obj] Error -1

What is interesting is that when I pipe out screen output to a batch
file and then execute it, compilation works fine.

>cl  /nologo /c /Ox /G5 /W3 /WX /I./config/win32 /I./config /I./include
/I./src/b
>ase /Foobj/ftsystem.obj src/base/ftsystem.c

So above command line this works fine.

I managed to compile the library, but I wonder whether this is a bug?
Did anybody have similar problem (or is it just me first time using GUN
make)?

thanx,

Ivan