Re: Problems makig the library on Win

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: Problems makig the library on Win
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 14:18:33 +0200

Hi Ivan,

> Hello,
>
> I tried to compile the latest FreeType 2.0 on WinNT4.0 using gnu make
> (mak377b) but got some error results:
>
> >make setup visualc
> >FreeType build system -- automatic system detection
> >The following settings are used:
> > platform                     win32
> >  compiler                     cl
> >  configuration directory      .\config\win32
> >  configuration rules          .\config\win32\w32-vcc.mk
> >
> >If this does not correspond to your system or settings please remove
> the file
> >'config.mk' from this directory then read the INSTALL file for help.
> >
> >Otherwise, simply type 'make' again to build the library.
> >
> >make.exe: Nothing to be done for `visualc'.
> >------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> >make
> >cl  /nologo /c /Ox /G5 /W3 /WX /I./config/win32 /I./config /I./include
> /I./src/b
> >ase /Foobj/ftsystem.obj src/base/ftsystem.c
> >make.exe: *** [obj/ftsystem.obj] Error -1

Apparently, the compilation is broken, you should read:

  /I./include  /I./src/base /Foobj/ftsystem.obj src/base/ftsystem.c

instead of

  /I./include
  /I./src/b
  ase /Foobj/ftsystem.obj src/base/ftsystem.c

Does it come from your mail program or your command line ? What version
of Make are you using ? I have no problem on my NT 4.0 system, using
make 3.77 distributed with mingw..

Best Regards,

- David