Re: endianess problem with X

From: Pavel Kankovsky
Subject: Re: endianess problem with X
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 13:19:53 +0200 (MET DST)

On Tue, 1 Aug 2000, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

> Running ftview on Sun and displaying on my Linux laptop gives me wrong
> AA colors:
> Is it probably an endianess problem?  I compiled on Sun, then
> displayed on Sun, and it is OK.

As far as can tell, convert_gray_to_N functions in grx11.c are broken
(maybe N=8 is ok, N=24 may appear to be ok because the ordering of
bytes is irrelevant for the shades of gray iff these bytes represent RGB
components). I am working on a fix.

--Pavel Kankovsky aka Peak  [ Boycott Microsoft--http://www.vcnet.com/bms ]
"Resistance is futile. Open your source code and prepare for assimilation."