Re: endianess problem with X

From: Pavel Kankovsky
Subject: Re: endianess problem with X
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 15:01:32 +0200 (MET DST)

On Fri, 11 Aug 2000, Pavel Kankovsky wrote:

> As far as can tell, convert_gray_to_N functions in grx11.c are broken

I have commited the fix. All convert_gray_to_N functions were replaced by
a single convert_gray_to_any function. The new code is somewhat slower
(14 ms vs 12 ms for 320x200 8bpp, 25 ms vs 13 ms for 16bpp, measured on
UltraSparc 166) but I doubt the performance penalty is relevant.

I have also added a hack for 8bpp PseudoColor visuals (or less if such
displays exist at all) PseudoColor preventing init_surface from using more
than one half of all colormap entries. With this hack, it is possible to
run ft2demos on such displays (as long as no other client is too
colormap-hungry).

A "parting shot": I am quite sure only mono and gray pixel modes do
actually work even if the driver seems to advertise others as well.
Nevertheless, I think this is a very low priority problem.

--Pavel Kankovsky aka Peak  [ Boycott Microsoft--http://www.vcnet.com/bms ]
"Resistance is futile. Open your source code and prepare for assimilation."