[FT2 Status] PSAux module completed

From: David Turner
Subject: [FT2 Status] PSAux module completed
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 17:11:48 +0200

Hello,

  the new "psaux" module is completed. It contains all the common routines
  used by the "type1z" and "cid" drivers to parse Type 1 fonts.

  note also that the font matrix should now be completely and correctly
  read from the fonts (i.e. it is scaled as needed when the fourth term
  isn't 0.001), as well as applied when loading the glyphs

  By the way, I'd like to point out that the floating point parsing
  routines do not liberaly truncate the values and use the maximal
  possible precision. For example, "0.001" is _not_ read as 65536/1000
  as Just suggested a few days ago :-)

  I have not moved the Type 2 routines to "psaux" yet but this should
  come a bit later (this will help in solving the infamous "seac"
  feature of CFF fonts), and the CFF driver doesn't use "psaux" yet
  to parse fonts containing T1 charstrings. In all cases, this should
  come rather soon..

Cheers,

- David