Re: [FT2 Status] PSAux module completed

From: Pavel Kankovsky
Subject: Re: [FT2 Status] PSAux module completed
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 16:57:14 +0200 (MET DST)

On Fri, 25 Aug 2000, Just van Rossum wrote:

> Hm, I still get the same error (just did a CVS update). The problem is, my
> compiler doesn't like staticforward declarions of structs. It's complaining
> about structs that are declared LOCAL_FUNC, which expands to "static". This
> sequence is uncompilable:

Your compiler needs some intensive therapy. :)
(Nevertheless, there is some logic behind this erratic behaviour
because the boundary between declarations and definitions of variables
is blurred.)

Those forward declarations exist because the variables are used in
constructors (.._New, ..._Init) but the code of those constructors uses
these variables. You can try reordering the pieces of code in question and
replace forward declarations of variables with fwd. declarations of
functions.

BTW: Is there any difference between LOCAL_FUNC and LOCAL_DEF? Both
macros appear to have the same semantics and both appear to be used for
functions.

--Pavel Kankovsky aka Peak  [ Boycott Microsoft--http://www.vcnet.com/bms ]
"Resistance is futile. Open your source code and prepare for assimilation."