Re: [Devel] pcf driver 0.0.1

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Devel] pcf driver 0.0.1
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 10:40:08 +0100 (CET)

> I am proud to announce that the pcfdriver-0.0.1.tar.gz archive is
> available from:
>
>     ftp://ftp.ens.fr/pub/di/users/zappa/software/
>
> It contains a PCF driver for FreeType2.  It is believed to work fine
> with FreeType2 CVS of 26 December 2000.

Very nice!  Just one small comment:  May I ask that you convert the
debug code enclosed within FRA_DEBUG into FT_TRACE() calls?

> In brief, you should add the directory src/pcf and the file
> include/freetype/internal/pcftypes.h to the freetype source tree.

Shall we incorporate your driver into FreeType right now?  Or shall we
wait until you think that it's stable?

> - dealing explicitly with encodings breaks the uniformity of FreeType2
>   api.

Not really.  We have the same problem with TrueType fonts.  Maybe an
extension to the PCF module will do the job.