[Devel] Type1 Rendering Quality

From: Michael Pfeiffer
Subject: [Devel] Type1 Rendering Quality
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 08:33:15 +0200

Hello

My application can use the T1Lib or FreeType2 to render Type1 fonts.

I have made two screenshots and cropped the word "statistical" out:
http://bepdf.sf.net/download/Type1.png
http://bepdf.sf.net/download/FreeType2.png
(Please ignore the pixels at the border of FreeType2.png)

When you compare the two, the T1Lib rendered text looks fuzzy, but
all glyphs have the same "intensity". With FreeType 2 the "t"s
look "bolder" than the other letters and the dots of the "i"s are very small.

Any explanation for that?

Thanks,
Michael