Re: [Devel] Silly autoconf question

From: Billy Biggs
Subject: Re: [Devel] Silly autoconf question
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 10:44:14 -0600

David Turner (address@hidden):

> As far as I know, '/usr/include' is a hard-coded include path in GCC
> and many other Unix compilers (to avoid typing it too often), so this
> should word even if only '/usr/include/freetype2' is returned..
> Actually, any "#include <header.h>" should work "out-of-the-box" when
> the header file is in "/usr/include", or am I missing something ??
>
> In other words, this seems normal behaviour for '--cflags' to me.

  It works fine for me, since debian's ft2build.h is in /usr/include.
The problem is slackware which seems to have it as /usr/X11R6/include
and does not return that in --cflags.  Also, the RH7.1 user which had it
somewhere under .../include/freetype2

  I'm just wondering if the intention was for --cflags to include the
path to ft2build.h, and if these distributions should fix their
freetype-config scripts to reflect this.

--
Billy Biggs
address@hidden