[Devel] preparing 2.1.5

From: David Turner
Subject: [Devel] preparing 2.1.5
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 01:08:28 +0200

Hello,

 I've nearly finished the cleanups I wanted to do to prepare for 2.1.5
 For the record, the important things that have changed until now are
 listed later in this message.

The only remaining problem I see now is the fact that the "unpatented hinting" doesn't work as advertised (i.e. the normal TrueType bytecode interpreter is used when it is not explicitely asked by applications, instead of the auto-hinter)

Apparently, fixing this requires some important internal changes to the library, I'll try to fix that shortly. In the event that this task is too long, I'll probably simply
 disable the code for 2.1.5

Best Regards,

- David Turner

       * include/freetype/config/ftoption.h: disabling TrueType bytecode
       interpreter, until the UNPATENTED_HINTING works as advertised

       * src/autohint/ahhint.c (ah_hinter_load_glyph): fixed bug

       * Jamfile: adding the "refdoc" target to the Jamfile in order to
       build the API Reference in "docs/reference" automatically

* include/freetype/t1tables.h, src/cid/cidtoken.h, src/type1/t1tokens.h,
       src/type42/t42parse.c:

       re-setting the types of "italic_angle", "underline_position" and
       "underline_thickness" to their previous values (i.e. long, short and
       ushort), in order to avoid breaking binary compatibility

       * include/freetype/ttunpath.h: fixing documentation comment

       * include/freetype/config/ftoption.h, devel/ftoption.h,
include/freetype/internal/ftobjs.h, include/freetype/internal/tttypes.h, src/truetype/ttinterp.c, src/truetype/ttobjs.c, src/truetype/ttobjs.h:

       changed the name of TT_CONFIG_OPTION_COMPILE_UNPATENTED_HINTING to
       the simpler TT_CONFIG_OPTION_UNPATENTED_HINTING

removed the macro TT_CONFIG_OPTION_FORCE_UNPATENTED_HINTING. Instead,
       the same effect can be used by setting a debug-hook with
       FT_DEBUG_HOOK_UNPATENTED_HINTING globally with FT_Set_Debug_Hook()