Re: [Devel] Re: are we ready for a new release

From: Chisato Yamauchi
Subject: Re: [Devel] Re: are we ready for a new release
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 19:04:49 +0900 (JST)

  Hello,

>   Would you apply the patch A or B before release?
>
>   Patch B:
>    http://x-tt.sourceforge.jp/arch/xtt2-sbit-improvement2c2_freetype2.patch
>
>   I've maintained the "FreeType" backend of XFree86 server to
> support CJK environment mainly.  As you know, the implementation
> of X's Core Font is somewhat old, so we need to devise improvements
> and program it.  One of results is using non-public API of freetype2
> library.  Using non-public API brought about an important optimization
> for loading-speed of CJK fonts.  But this is a problem when using
> dynamic linking.  I want to solve this problem.
>  :
>  :
>   At least FT_Get_SBit_Strike_Index() of patch B is indispensable
> for us.  Please consider the patches....

  I reconsidered how to get strike_index, and found the way
to use sfnt->set_sbit_strike().   Therefore, we now need only the
support of sfnt->find_sbit_image() and sfnt->load_sbit_metrics()
function in tt_driver_class.   I propose the Patch C:

  Patch C(freetype2 part only):
  http://x-tt.sourceforge.jp/arch/xtt2-sbit-improvement2c3_freetype2.patch

  Patch C(full patch for XFree86-4.4.0):
  http://x-tt.sourceforge.jp/arch/xtt2-sbit-improvement2c3.patch

  Consider the patch, please...

  If my proposal is rejected, we cannot but duplicate
find_sbit_range(), load_sbit_metrics() and find_sbit_image()
into FreeType backend.  We do not want to carry out such a
duplication...

  Please, please consider the patch...

    Chisato Yamauchi
        http://x-tt.sourceforge.jp/