Re: [ft-devel] Re: xorg crashes with freetype2-2.1.10

From: Jeremy Messenger
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Re: xorg crashes with freetype2-2.1.10
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 02:41:16 -0500

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 00:16:52 -0500, Hin-Tak Leung <address@hidden> wrote:

<snip>
So the change is intentional. I just upgraded to stock freetype 2.1.10
(was using cvs-2004-dec-31), went around a few web pages with mozilla-xft, and I don't have crashes. I am using xorg 6.8.2 on linux.
How do you trigger the crash?
<snip>

I have played with it more to find a good way to reproduce it. Well, kind of. Download crash.txt, then view in Firefox (maybe works for Mozilla too). Be sure to save anything before you play with crash.txt, because it will kill X.

http://people.freebsd.org/~mezz/crash.txt

To reproduce crash in Firefox:

1) Run Firefox (keep in mind, everything option is default)
2) Open crash.txt
3) Go to menu, 'View -> Character Encoding -> More Encodings -> Unicode' and select any in there. After you selected, then do it again but select different Unicode like more than three times. Sometime it would crash X in two changes.

As for Opera, it's a lot easy. All I have to do is open crash.txt and X got crashed. My Opera option is heavy tweaked on fonts options by use Microsoft fonts mostly, bold and other options. I have no idea if it will crash with default option or without have non-Microsoft fonts installed.

Cheers,
Mezz

--
address@hidden  -  address@hidden