RE: [ft-devel] [Patch] Autofit and stem snapping

From: Turner, David
Subject: RE: [ft-devel] [Patch] Autofit and stem snapping
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 11:15:15 +0200

Hi Frederic,

All I can say now is that there is no difference regarding
hinting of 'ö' in DejaVuSans between the current CVS and
previous releases of FreeType.

I've tested both 2.1.8 and 2.1.9 and they both exhibit the
problem when LCD-decimated rendering is used in "ftview"

What it means is that it's not something that we're going
to fix real soon now, mainly because it _probably_ means a
lot of tinkering with the hinting algorithm

Any idea why you thinked it was a regression ?

Regards,

- David Turner