RE: [ft-devel] ft-smooth for 2.1.10?

From: like2wise
Subject: RE: [ft-devel] ft-smooth for 2.1.10?
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 16:23:17 +0100

Hello David,

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 15:19:56 +0100, "Turner, David" <address@hidden>
said:
> > Now, there is also the compile-time configuration from
> > ftconfig.h which
> > confuses me a bit in combination with the above:
> >
> What do you mean ?

Sorry, I meant 'ftoption.h' and I will try to re-state my question:

The auto-hinter, is that the one being compiled-in when
TT_CONFIG_OPTION_UNPATENTED_HINTING is defined?

Or, is the auto-hinter a different beast?

Also, is the doc around TT_CONFIG_OPTION_UNPATENTED_HINTING still
correct, with respect to the
FT_PARAM_TAG_UNPATENTED_HINTING remark?

  /* Define TT_CONFIG_OPTION_BYTECODE_INTERPRETER if you want to compile
    */
  /* a bytecode interpreter in the TrueType driver.  Note that there are
    */

  /* Define TT_CONFIG_OPTION_UNPATENTED_HINTING (in addition to
    */
  /* TT_CONFIG_OPTION_BYTECODE_INTERPRETER) to compile the unpatented
    */
  /* work-around hinting system.  Note that for the moment, the
  algorithm  */
  /* is only used when selected at runtime through the parameter tag
    */
  /* FT_PARAM_TAG_UNPATENTED_HINTING; or when the debug hook
    */
  /* FT_DEBUG_HOOK_UNPATENTED_HINTING is globally activated.
    */
  /*
    */
#define TT_CONFIG_OPTION_UNPATENTED_HINTING

Regards,

Leon.