Re: [ft-devel] How to determine if patented hinting is enabled?

From: Huw D M Davies
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] How to determine if patented hinting is enabled?
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 15:13:07 +0000

On Sat, Dec 24, 2005 at 01:01:01PM +0000, Huw D M Davies wrote:
> While this face flag is useful it's not quite what I need (for Wine).
> I need to be able to tell whether the bytecode hinter is enabled
> before loading a font (I could find a random font and load it during
> initialization but that's very ugly).  What I really need is a way to
> retrieve the module flags from a FT_Module.  I can do this in couple
> of ways either by exposing the FT_ModuleRec structure in ftmodapi.h or
> by adding a function like:
>
> FT_Error FT_Module_Get_Flags(FT_Module mod, FT_ULong *flags);
> that returns the module flags for a given module.
>
> I'm happy to write a patch for either, which would you prefer or do
> you have another suggestion?

Attached is a patch that implements FT_Module_Get_Flags(), is this
something that could go in?  (Additionally I've updated a few comments
from ftmodule.h -> ftmodapi.h).

Thanks,
Huw.

PS The cvs instructions at http://freetype.org/developer.html#anoncvs
are out of date after savannah stopped anonymous cvs via ssh and
changed the name of the cvs server.  CVSROOT should now be
:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/freetype and the text
changed to reflect the fact that one must use :pserver: and not ssh.