Re: [ft-devel] face->family_name, usage and values

From: Pierre
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] face->family_name, usage and values
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 11:11:36 +0100

Hi Werner,

Thanks for your answer!

On Jan 9, 2008 10:27 AM, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

> > While debugging a bug for the gd's extension in php (crafted ttf
> > makes it crash), I was wondering if it is expected to have a NULL
> > face->font_family or if there is a function to fetch it instead of
> > accessing the face member directly.  Is it always nullified if no
> > font family has been found or can it be uninitialized?
>
> Without a detailed look into the sources I think this is a correct
> assumption.  Do you expect something different?

I was unsure, my tests with the various ft tools in the command lines
show it NULL. I tried to be sure that it was always the case when the
family name is not defined or something wrong happened. The docs did
not explicitally say it :). I also took  a look in other projects,
there is a lot of projects out there using family_name without
previous checks, maybe it is worth a little note in the doc ?

A last question, is there a better (cleaner) way to access this property?

The code is visible here:

The fix:
http://cvs.php.net/viewvc.cgi/php-src/ext/gd/libgd/gdft.c?r1=1.45&r2=1.46

The full code: