Re: [ft-devel] face->family_name, usage and values

From: Pierre
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] face->family_name, usage and values
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 13:49:59 +0100

On Jan 9, 2008 12:56 PM, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

> > > Without a detailed look into the sources I think this is a correct
> > > assumption.  Do you expect something different?
> >
> > I was unsure, my tests with the various ft tools in the command
> > lines show it NULL. I tried to be sure that it was always the case
> > when the family name is not defined or something wrong happened. The
> > docs did not explicitally say it :).
>
> To which section in the documentation are you referring to?  Maybe it
> should be improved.
>
> > I also took a look in other projects, there is a lot of projects out
> > there using family_name without previous checks, maybe it is worth a
> > little note in the doc?
>
> Patches are highly welcomed.
>
> > A last question, is there a better (cleaner) way to access this
> > property?
>
> You simply check the fields of the FT_Face structure.  Isn't that
> simple enough?

It is simple enough. I thought there is a function to access it its
member. I was also referring to the FT_Face documentation. A little
note to say that this member can be NULL and should be tested before
being used. Is the API docs generated from the comments in the source?
I can send a patch if yes.

> > The fix:
> > http://cvs.php.net/viewvc.cgi/php-src/ext/gd/libgd/gdft.c?r1=1.45&r2=1.46
>
> This looks good, however, `encoding' is just an enumeration, not a
> pointer.

Oh right, the encoding test is useless then.

Thanks for your work!
--
Pierre
http://blog.thepimp.net | http://www.libgd.org