Re: [ft-devel] Fast bisecting BBox_Cubic_Check

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Fast bisecting BBox_Cubic_Check
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 07:08:33 +0100 (CET)

> Attached are more thorough tests. Each line contains bboxes for the
> the current and proposed algorithms as well as their difference.
> The bboxes are for two popular fonts at size 24 with rotation of 30
> degrees as dumped from modified ftbench.  You will see that the
> differences rarely reach 3/64.

Great!  Of course, my next question is: Have you assured that your
algorithm returns `better' results?  Have you compared with, say, a
floating point implementation which returns bboxes with really high
precisions?  This page

  http://processingjs.nihongoresources.com/bezierinfo/

has nice code for doing that, it seems.