Re: [ft-devel] Fast bisecting BBox_Cubic_Check

From: Alexei Podtelezhnikov
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Fast bisecting BBox_Cubic_Check
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 21:05:16 -0500

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 3:01 PM, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

>> Well, your results differ from the original ones.  I don't know
>> whether it differs to the better or to the worse (and, admittedly,
>> I don't know how good the bboxes computed with the original
>> FreeType code actually are).  This is my only concern.
>
> Ok. I'll work on this.

This is as close as I could get to "actual" bboxes. The attached files delta0 and delta1 are for the original and new algorithms respectively. The first bbox is the actual one, followd by the computed one, followd by the differences. Admittedly, the original code does a better job, but it is not ideal. Th new code is a bit worse but faster. The problem is in the rounding. I can potentially scale up the outlines temporarily to deal with this problem.