Re: [ft-devel] ft2build.h being regenerated each time.

From: Samuel Williams
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] ft2build.h being regenerated each time.
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2013 04:37:16 +1200

I have archlinux installed and it seems to exhibit the same behaviour. However, you are correct, on Mac OS X, it seems that the default /usr/bin/install is BSD based.

The man page for install on archlinux, e.g. GNU install, says that -c is ignored. If I specify -p, it works as expected. -C by itself doesn't seem to preserve mtime, but does seem to avoid copying the file if it is identical.