Re: [ft-devel] ttfautohint - render issue with composites on OSX CHrome

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] ttfautohint - render issue with composites on OSX CHrome
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2013 21:34:47 +0200

2013/3/27 Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden>

> It's an issue when ttfautohint is using dummy glyphs as a workaround
> for hinting composite glyphs.  Untill know it was assumed that it
> was a problem free workaround.  My report shows that it seems to be
> creating problems on OSX Chrome.  Of course it could be a bug caused
> by something that OSX Chrome specifically does different to other
> browsers, and i will report it there too.

Chrome uses FreeType, right?  In case this is true, I really wonder
what's going on...

Chrome doesn't necessarily use FreeType, it depends on the platform. More specifically, it uses the Skia library that has several 'font host' implementations depending on the platform it runs on. On OS X, I believe it uses platform-specific APIs to render text / glyphs.

> How can i best help you with this? i have a mac and use Chrome :-/

Thanks for your offer.  I think we need assistance from the Chrome
developers.  Is there a bug report already for this issue?