Re: [ft-devel] More fuzzing for freetype2?

From: Kostya Serebryany
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] More fuzzing for freetype2?
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2015 18:39:05 -0700

... and there are wonders in 32-bit mode (Alexei, thanks for suggesting!).
https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=46149

I'll need to think how to run both 32- and 64-bit on the bot...
meanwhile just running 32-bit locally.

--kcc

On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 6:35 PM, Kostya Serebryany <address@hidden> wrote:

On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 12:58 PM, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

>> Do you have a pre-commit code review process for this kind of
>> changes?
>
> FreeType is -pedantic -ansi C, not ++,

Well, since the fuzzer file won't become part of the library, this is
unimportant.

Correct. Although the interface between libFuzzer and the fuzzer implementation is pure C,
so the fuzzer may be written in C.

> and ChangeLog entry is required even though it duplicates the commit
> message.

This, however, is important.

I'll do the first check-in soon, massaging the files a bit to fit
FreeType's overall formatting style.

Perfect. I've modified the bot to use freetype2/src/tools/ftfuzzer/*cc, working as expected.

>> The current function used for the fuzzer doesn't cover GX stuff at all.
So, now any of you can add that "GX stuff" to
Please do!
The only thing to look for is that it does not slow down the fuzzing too much
(if it does -- I'll let you know)

Is it OK if I add the default
FreeType license stuff?
Sure.