Re: [ft-devel] State of autohinter stem darkening

From: Dave Arnold
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] State of autohinter stem darkening
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 13:43:17 -0700

On 10/22/2015 12:21 PM, Alexei Podtelezhnikov wrote:
On Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 12:00 PM, Nikolaus Waxweiler <address@hidden> wrote:
And gamma correction leads to better results with light text on dark
background as far as I can see: https://bel.fi/alankila/lcd/
There is a cool image attached to this bug report:
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-41590

Gamma correction makes black text lighter and white text heavier,
i.e., has opposite effects, i.e., you cannot use one universal value.
I agree with the first part: the effects on black text and white text are in
opposite directions.
But this is what you need.
I disagree with the second part: there IS a single correct value which should
be used.