Re: [ft-devel] freetype and harfbuzz

From: Vincent Torri
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] freetype and harfbuzz
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2016 11:55:24 +0100

Hello

On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 11:25 AM, suzuki toshiya
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Dear Vincent,
>
> I sympathize with your feeling about the circular dependency,
> however, the people saying and doing something about it seem
> to be minority (I'm saying about it but doing nothing, sorry).
>
> If FreeType2 building system supports a case that a developer
> extracts the harfbuzz source to some directory and build at
> same time (I think such style is popular for the people making
> cross build toolchain at once: binutils + gcc), it would be
> acceptable improvement?

Actually, it is exactly the case a friend has, and I am asking this
question for him because he is a bit busy. He is working on an
installer for Windows. But it seems that the design of his installer
makes difficult to resolve the circular dep with the 3 steps mentioned
above.

so if Freetype2 supports the extraction of harfbuzz source code and
build it, it would indeed solve his problem

Vincent Torri