Re: [ft-devel] [GSoC] Extending the CF2 interpreter

From: Ewald Hew
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] [GSoC] Extending the CF2 interpreter
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2017 12:53:25 +0800

A quick question:
Does the Adobe engine result in different advance widths as with using
the old engine?

I am encountering problems as the `type1' driver initialises its
decoder with null for things like glyph slot and size when only
calculating advance widths, understandably as rendering is not needed.
However, the new engine needs these to be set before entering the
interpreter, and I would rather avoid creating a special case for this
scenario, instead of just using the old interpreter to calculate
advances. I assume that the new engine would not do anything different
for advances, but I want to be sure of this.

Ewald.