Re: Documentation vs. RV vs. CVS?

From: Michael Vance
Subject: Re: Documentation vs. RV vs. CVS?
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 11:49:48 -0700

On Sat, Oct 21, 2000 at 10:25:46AM +0200, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

> The final size of fonts is determined by the DPI and point size values
> only.  Where is the problem?

For a given point size and DPI, the output using the Win32
GetGlyphOutline vs. the Freetype2 FT_Render_Glyph output is vastly
different. This display settings applet says it's using 96 DPI in
Win32, and my xdpyinfo says I'm using 75 DPI in X. If I set my DPI to
75 and the point size to 12 in Freetype2, the output is significantly
larger in terms of bitmap dimensions than the output I get from the
Win32 rasterizer. As a result I'm doing weird contortions to the point
size in order to get it to match up with that on Win32 (thanks for
fractional sizes in Freetype :) ).

I'm simply wondering if a) this is something others experience b) if
so, is there some trivial error on my part or a problem somewhere
else?

I can paste code of Win32 and Freetype implementations if anyone is
interested.

m.

--
Programmer             "Ha ha." "Ha ha." "What are you laughing at?"
Loki Software                      "Just the horror of being alive."