Re: [Freetype] FreeType under PalmOS (query and offer)

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Freetype] FreeType under PalmOS (query and offer)
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 09:33:27 +0100 (CET)

> Do you know if there's anyone working on a PalmOS port?

No.

> And if there's not, we would be interested in paying someone to port
> the system.  Do you have any recommendations for someone who could
> do this work, or if we use someone local, about how to let them
> submit their changes to you?  (Can you just give them a CVS account
> or, if it's someone you haven't worked with, do you want to vet
> their changes first?)

I can't recommend someone to do it, sorry (well, David is our embedded
systems guru, but he has a lot of work currently, I believe).

Usually, I (and David sometimes) review all code before committing.  I
think that changes to the library itself should be rather minor, and
PalmOS-specific files can be quickly added.  So please send
patches/new files etc. to me (together with proper ChangeLog
entries :-).

> We would like to see any changes necessary to do this rolled back
> into the FreeType source base and made part of the open source
> package --- that is, we're not interested in owning anything, just
> in having the technology available to use.

Great!  Note that we have a dual license system (GPL or our FreeType
license) which should fit almost everyone.

    Werner