[ft] Testing new LCD rendering mode

From: Ismail Donmez
Subject: [ft] Testing new LCD rendering mode
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 18:02:04 +0300

I tested new libXft LCD Filtering patch and I got some screenshots to show
too :-)

shows the rendering with old LCD rendering patch, its all good there.

shows the rendering with new LCD filtering patch, notice that the blurriness
of the font makes it look bad especially when its bold, also notice there are
color fringes which looks like the case for vanilla libXft + enabling
subpixel hinting.

Test Environment: 8pt Tahoma, 96 dpi

I downloaded libXft-2.1.7 and applied patch libXft-2.1.7-lcd-filter-2.patch .

P.S: Example application used is KNode.