Re: [ft] Independent Project Help

From: Lawrence D'Oliveiro
Subject: Re: [ft] Independent Project Help
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2017 12:31:16 +1200

On Tue, 1 Aug 2017 09:51:59 -0700, Gene Mosher wrote:

> On 08/01/2017 06:54 AM, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
>
>> What are `FreeType fonts'?
>
> Here
> <http://nehe.gamedev.net/tutorial/freetype_fonts_in_opengl/24001/>

“...how to use the FreeType version 2 font rendering library in OpenGL.”

> Here <https://cairographics.org/manual/cairo-FreeType-Fonts.html>

“The FreeType font backend...”

> Here <https://www.sccs.swarthmore.edu/users/03/sven/freetype_tut/>

“...how to use the FreeType font rendering library in OpenGL.”

> Here <https://www.free-fonts.com/search?q=Freetype>

Spam site.

> Here
> <https://developer.gnome.org/pango/stable/pango-FreeType-Fonts-and-Rendering.html>

“The macros and functions in this section are used to access fonts and
render text to bitmaps using the FreeType 2 library.”

> Here
> <https://stackoverflow.com/questions/22868070/rendering-freetype-fonts>

Just another link back to NeHe.

> Here <http://getfonts.com/>

Spam site.

> Here <https://www.free-fonts.com/vivaldi-freetype>

Spam site.

> You have made your point and I have made mine. I apologize for having
> disturbed your view of the world.

I’m not sure what point you thought you were making by posting a bunch
of random links you got out of Google or wherever. But none of them
explains what “FreeType fonts” are.