Re: [ft] The fastest way to query size of a rendered bitmap

From: Daniel Plakhotich
Subject: Re: [ft] The fastest way to query size of a rendered bitmap
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2017 18:57:16 +0200

Strange, but in rare cases grid-fitting FT_Outline_Get_BBox() gives
1-2 px smaller size than those of the rendered bitmap, while
FT_Outline_Get_CBox() always works fine.

Moreover, it sometimes returns significantly larger box than
FT_Outline_Get_CBox(), for example, for glyphs U+2686 - U+2689 from
DevaVu Sans. It's pretty surprising because the tutorial says: