fsfe-france

[Fsfe-france] Re: Competition & Free Software

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: [Fsfe-france] Re: Competition & Free Software
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 10:54:42 -0400

I went to an FTC panel on 9 April 2002 which seems to have been part
of the hearing that you listed for 10 April 2002.  Its title was
"Cross-Industry Perspectives on Patents".

Unfortunately I don't remember much about what was said there.  I do
remember meeting a person from some software company who was against
software patents; however, my attempts to get her involved in the
battle in Europe have not succeeded.

I don't know anything about who attended the other panels.

The person who organized that panel was

Matthew Bye
Federal Trade Commission
600 Pennsylvania Avenue N.W.