RE: [Fsfe-uk] Explaining GPL to a Windows user

From: Robert \(Jamie\) Munro
Subject: RE: [Fsfe-uk] Explaining GPL to a Windows user
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 12:28:57 +0100

Does a diskless machine count for the windows schools agreement? I expect
that it may be possible to argue that it doesn't. If it does, then what
about machines that the school doesn't even know about? Built into the fire
alarm, the phone system, the vending machines etc.?

I vaguely remember someone saying something about the schools agreement
being for Pentiums and higher. What about http://www.iyonix.com/ (an acorn
based machine) running ARMLinux? Would that slip under the bar?

Robert Munro