Re: UKFSN (was: Re: [Fsfe-uk] An ignorant question?)

From: Jason Clifford
Subject: Re: UKFSN (was: Re: [Fsfe-uk] An ignorant question?)
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 17:07:32 +0100 (BST)

On 15 Jun 2003, Alex Hudson wrote:

> Jason, are you planning some sort of fanfare for LinuxExpo?

Yes. I'm working hard to ensure that the service is available from that
week although I am somewhat dependant upon the finalisation of the
post-contract setup which I hope will be complete this coming week.

In any event I will be releasing all the pricing information etc that
week.

> Exactly. It's clear from this list that there are people using dial-up
> solutions that are not UKFSN :)

The main problem on the dialup front is that unmetered service is not
currently available. UKFSN is still very new (only in it's 9th month) and
has not yet raised the money to pay for the necessary ports in advance.

Hopefully ADSL service provision will allow me to put that right however I
cannot commit to doing so until the money is there.

Jason Clifford
--
UKFSN.ORG               Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/                   Sign up now